Tuesday, September 14, 2010
yey! just discovered puff pastry. this is start of something good.
instant puff pastry, thawed (i used athens phyllo brand)
instant vanilla or chocolate pudding
1 tbsp. confectioner sugar (i like it sweet so i did 2 tbsp.)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 small carton of heavy cream
1. preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. unfold pastry dough unto greased cookie sheet, prick all over with fork, cut into thirds.
3. bake pastry until it's puffed and golden. ( i would say 15 mins)
4. let it cool completely. (very important so that fillings don't melt)
5. make the instant pudding by following box instruction.
6. to make whipped cream: mix confectioner sugar, heavy cream and vanilla, high speed beat until "whipped creamy".
7. to assemble cake: place one section of pastry unto the "final place", top with a layer of pudding, then top with second section of pastry, press down gently, top second layer with more pudding, then top with third section of pastry, press down gently, tpo final layer of pastry with whipped cream!
8. to garnish cake: sprinkle with crushed pastry crumbs and confectioner sugar.
Labels: sophie and ayan's kitchen