Saturday, January 30, 2010

my right name.

my real name is marianne. growing up, i had many names.
my dad called me boo, boo-hee - which he got from and don't ask me how - from o.a. (yeah short for over acting).

my mom called me so many wierd names but the ones that i really can't forget are peacock and dorian gray. yes from oscar wilde's the picture of dorian gray. i have yet to read the book. but aside from the fact that dorian grey is a guy, i don't know why she would call me that. and the funny thing is that i always ask her and i always forget her answer. she also called me danielle - which was supposed to be my middle name. i used to cry so much everytime someone would call me that.

ate rica still calls me yanits from maryanita. ate inggs calls me paker. that's f***er with a filipino accent - i know it's so bad.

in school, everyone called me marianne. of course no one could spell it right. there's marion, marian, maryanne, mariane, marrianne... well i wanted my own nickname. i came up with ian but everyone pronounced it differently so then i changed it to ianne (my brother, third still spells it that way) then i changed it to i-anne. i just got tired of always explaining how to spell and procounce my name so in 2000, when i moved to new york, i just kept it as simple as possible - ayan. a-y-a-n.

"For a moment she rediscovered the purpose of her life. She was here on earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and to call each thing by its right name" - Boris Pastrenak, Doctor Zhivago

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd love to hear your thoughts and make new friends!!
lots of love,
ayan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...