i was shocked to hear about what happened in japan. today i'm devastated. my heart is crushed and i feel small and useless. and stupid for having a good weekend, missing church and having time to blog. i've been staring at the computer for a while now and i'm at a loss for words. i don't know anyone in japan but i can't help imagining losing a loved one or suddenly being homeless. i know it's like million miles a way and it all feels like a bad dream. like i'm screaming "make it stop" but i'm on mute. and tomorrow when i wake up it will not be over. i can't stop watching or reading the news. my heart goes out to japan and will be in my prayers.
"god is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. therefore, we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea." psalm 46:1-2
- text redcross 90999 to donate $10
- google person finder: 2011 japan earthquake
- and if you haven't seen enough already. here's another video.
- interesting article: japan earthquake shifte coastline maximum of 8 ft
- articles on how you can help: cnn, yahoo
- satellite images of japan disaster