Wednesday, November 24, 2010

sewing debut.

So I picked up my mom’s sewing machine…again. But this time I finally made something. I made a scarf!!!!! I’ve been wanting to this for so long!! I’ve been planning everything in head for months now. Mind you I’ve no sewing tools whatsoever. I only used a pair of kitchen scissors. I don’t even know how to use a sewing machine. I was so excited that I decided to make it today. Of all the days, the day before thanksgiving when the house should be clean and the kitchen is full. I’m like a lunatic doing this project in the kitchen while waiting for the leche flan. But I’m so happy. This is probably the easiest scarf to make. I used mom’s throw (yeah I know she’s gonna kill me!!!). But I love the color and it’s wool.
Basically, I cut the throw in half and believe it or not I measured it after I cut it and it’s freaking crazy, it measured exactly 30’ x 60’! I promise!
Then I did the sides and turned it inside out. Note to self: ironing fabric might help, kitchen scissors was dumb idea definitely need rotary cutter.
Connect the ends and sew.
Last step might be a bit complicated. but trust me if i was able you do it, anyone can. it's probably not complicated then. can't wait to take pix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'd love to hear your thoughts and make new friends!!
lots of love,
ayan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...